Dresser removal service by JM Junk Removers.
Furniture pieces like dressers are staples in many homes, and over time our dressers get worn down and torn up. Eventually, removing that old dresser might become a necessary task. Finding the time and energy to properly get rid of any furniture item can be challenging and overall annoying. But, allowing an unwanted or damaged dresser to sit in your home collecting dust, and taking up space is not the solution. Removing an old dresser from your home can feel like a daunting task, especially if you don’t know how to get it done. But, with the right tools and a few helpful tips, you can successfully and safely remove a dresser from your home.
How to Prepare for and Complete a Dresser Removal
Removing a dresser can be easy when done correctly, but preparation is key.
- First, make sure you have the proper help. Depending on the size and weight of the dresser you may need to get a friend or two to assist you.
- Next, ensure you have a clear path from your dresser to the door. You don’t want to be worrying about tripping over toys or other objects while moving the dresser. Also, check the path to ensure the dresser will fit through all doorways and hallways. If it won’t fit through certain areas of the house it may be necessary to take it apart before removing it.
- When preparing to move the dresser, remember to put your safety first. Lifting and moving heavy objects can put a lot of strain on your body, so don’t be afraid to ask for help and take the process slow.
- Finally, remove the dresser by lifting it and carefully moving it through your home to your car or curb.
Disposing of the Dresser
Disposing of the dresser is the final step of the removal process, for which there are few different options you can look into.
Donate – Donating is one way to get rid of your dresser without throwing it away. Donating you dresser, whether that be to a local shelter, thrift shop, or family allows you to not only get rid of your unwanted dresser, but also gives your dresser new life. Allowing it to get out of your home without going to waste.
Sell – Another way to get rid of your dresser without throwing it away is by selling it. You can list the dresser on eBay, Facebook Marketplace, or other similar platforms if it is still in a useable condition. This allows you to get rid of the dresser and make some money in the process.
Trash or Recycle – The final disposal option is to trash or recycle the dresser, depending on what it’s made of and where you live. If the dresser is in an unusable condition or you simply want to throw it away, you may be able to leave it on you curb and have it removed by your municipal trash service or private hauling company. However, not every municipal or private service allows this, and others might allow it, but with a fee. So, check with your waste removal service before hand. If you can’t leave the dresser on your curb, dropping it at a local landfill or recycling center is another way to dispose of it.
How can JM Junk Removers Help With Your Dresser Removal?
JM Junk Removers is a fully licensed and insured junk removal company that has been operating in the DFW area for years. We specialize in junk removal, clean out, and demolition services that are easy for you. So, if you are in need of a dresser removal all you have to do is give us a call or book an appointment online, then we do the rest! When you hire us to remove you dresser, out team will come in, remove the dresser, haul it away, and dispose of it in an environmentally friendly way. Our process is simple and our goal is to ensure your junk removal needs are met without stress or hassle. Call us at 214-888-JUNK (5865) to schedule an appointment or get a free quote.
How it Works
Our easy 6 step process has worked for us and our customers for over 5 years. We keep it simple for everyone involved. Think of us as your “Easy Button”.
- Call or Text 214-888-JUNK (5865) or click here to schedule your junk removal service.
- We will give you a window of time on your day of service. In addition, we will call you when we are 30-40 minutes out with an exact ETA.
- Once we arrive, you can point us to your junk or the job area. We will give you an exact price right then and there. You give us a thumbs up, and we get to work.
- We will load, clean up, haul away, and dispose of your junk for you.
- We will walk you through the completed job and verify it meets your standards.
- We will send you an invoice via text or email. You can use any card you wish. We do accept cash payments and offer other forms of payments to better meet everyone’s needs.